Integrate this cheap 10 minute vegetarian weight-loss smoothie into your daily regime, either as a meal replacement or between meals. The addition of different herbs in every smoothie, positively benefit: energy levels, sleep, depression, stress, digestion, cognitive health, immune system strength, intestinal and gut-microbiome, metabolism, thyroid and more depending on what combination of herbs are used.
I don’t have enough time to make a weight-loss smoothie every day
A pitcher of smoothie takes under 10 minutes to make, and provides smoothie drinks for 2-days between meals, or one day if used as a full meal replacement. Make it in the morning or at night then throw it in a large thermos and take it with you wherever you go to work, school, the gym or outings.
An organic vegetarian weight-loss smoothie sounds fancy and too expensive for me
A large container of organic salad is $6, a big bag of bulk frozen green peas is $12, and a bag of frozen fruit is $15. These 3 ingredients are the core of this smoothie with a total cost of $32 CAD which supplies 1-2 weeks worth of smoothies, consuming 1 large pitcher per day. The Hemp, Chia and Herbs come in large bags that provide over 100 smoothie pitchers, each using 1tbsp per smoothie pitcher. I’m telling you the cost is cheap to make this weight-loss smoothie. Now consider the cost of poor health, both in your enjoyment of life and costs for medical visits, medications, etc…is $35-$50 a week really that expensive?
The cost of poor health
If there is one area of your life you should spare no expense, it’s your health. Preventative maintenance of your health is key. Most people wait until they get sick, to address health concerns…fortunately the body is an amazing organism, and with the right nutrition it can cure the vast majority of ailments itself. A 10 minute $50 per week investment is well worth the positive impact it will have on your life, and your health. Not convinced? Check out this documentary
Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead Documentary
Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead Documentary a trucker, on all sorts of medications for a range of auto-immune disorders, due to eating a poor diet and a sedentary lifestyle, restores his health and his life from the brink of death by Juicing! Smoothies are even more beneficial then juicing because they add in the pulp, fiber and meat of fruits, which makes it more filling and nutritious!
I’ve tried all sorts of diets and exercises and still struggle with weight-loss
There are all sorts of Gurus telling you to try all sorts of diets, or exercises, telling you to just eat less, or eat this or eat that…these Gurus try to adapt a blanket approach to weight-loss for everyone. The fact is each persons body type, genetic makeup, health history, lifestyle and nutritional needs are vastly different. Your metabolism is designed to keep your body thin, and your immune system to keep you in good health…but if you’ve been poising your body with unhealthy foods and / or an unhealthy lifestyle, it’s going to take some special nutrition and a good amount of time to cleanse your body and get your metabolism and health back on track.
The Vegetarian weight-loss smoothie recipe
- Organic Salad ($6 at costco) 1-2 Cups frozen or fresh
- Organic peas or mixed vegetables (2.5KG $12 at costco) 1-2 cups frozen or fresh
- Organic Fruit (any kind) (1.5 KG frozen bulk fruit $15 at costco) half to 1 full cup
- Add 1-2 cups of any cheap local, seasonal, or on sale fresh organic vegetables (you can replace any of the above ingredients with whatever organic fruits or vegetables you can find cheap or bulk locally it doesn’t matter just try to keep the serving amounts the same)
- Hemp Hearts (1tbsp) $20 900g https://amzn.to/3o5aKN2
- Organic Chia Seeds (1tbsp) $21 1.4kg https://amzn.to/3mg2F7H
- Organic Maca Powder (1tbsp) $19 1LB https://amzn.to/2JojFdw
- Organic Turmeric $14 (1tbsp) $14 1LB https://amzn.to/37jvs51
- Ashwaganda (1tbsp RECOMMENDED) $25 454g https://amzn.to/33sLoRv
There are a variety of different herbs which you can supplement in each smoothie, that can have a positive impact on many different aspects of your health (health benefit articles links below)
- Organic Cinnamon $25 454g https://amzn.to/33JSzF5
- Organic Cacao Powder $29 1KG https://amzn.to/3o8hx8Q
- Moringa Leaf Powder $17 454g https://amzn.to/39s3uXC
- Brahmi Leaf (Bacopa) powder $15 200g https://amzn.to/37xmRfa
- Garlic Powder $15 454g https://amzn.to/3lKjqH4
I encourage you to read the health benefits on the herbs in the links below and decide which herbs may be best for you! Try different herbs and record how you feel each day in a journal or a period of a couple weeks, then stick with the herbs that most positively impact your daily life, into your core weight-loss smoothie and don’t be afraid to omit or add different herbs each day.
Which herbs do I use for what? What are the health benefits of each herb?
I’ll leave the specifics to experts like Dr. Mercola and Dr. Axe…Here are links to detailed articles that explains the health benefits of each herb listed in this recipe.
- Chia Seeds https://foodfacts.mercola.com/chia-seeds.html
- Hemp Seeds https://foodfacts.mercola.com/hemp.html
- Turmeric https://foodfacts.mercola.com/turmeric.html
- Ashwaganda https://articles.mercola.com/herbs-spices/ashwagandha.aspx
- Cacao Powder https://foodfacts.mercola.com/cacao.html
- Maca Powder https://draxe.com/nutrition/top-5-maca-root-benefits-and-nutrition/
- Moringa leaf https://articles.mercola.com/vitamins-supplements/moringa-oleifera.aspx
- Brahmi Leaf Bacopa https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/bacopa-monnieri-benefits
- Garlic https://foodfacts.mercola.com/garlic.html Blueberries https://foodfacts.mercola.com/blueberries.html
- Dangers of systemic pesticides https://learn.eartheasy.com/articles/systemic-pesticides-and-food-health/
Exercise is always a good addition to your daily schedule.
An hour a day of exercise is usually sufficient. If you have a tight schedule, a good 20 minute walk is good as a bare minimum. Walk to the store a few blocks away, instead of driving or take your dog out for a walk and enjoy the scenery. Put the majority of focus on eating healthy and letting your body restore it’s health to what it is meant to be! Enjoy life and spend time with family outdoors!