High quality pharmaceutical grade Maca Root 500mg tablets. All-natural and Vegan friendly. Manufactured in the UK and imported into Canada. Packaged and delivered by a very small 1-2 employee (family members) 100% Canadian Business. Buy your Vegan Maca Root 500mg Canada.
About Maca Root
Maca Root (Lepidium meyenii) aka Peruvian Ginseng is grown 13,000ft high up in the Andes mountains of central Peru, is a cruciferous vegetable belonging to the Brassicaceae family. Maca has been used in natural medicine even earlier than the Incas, used primarily as a remedy to treat various health conditions such as respiratory conditions and rheumatic disease; it has gained popularity due to it’s ability to improve libido and fertility.
Maca root has powerful antioxidant and promotes natural antioxidants in the body such as glutathione and superoxide dismutase. It is known as an adaptogen which helps your body deal with different types of mental and physical stress; promotes homeostasis by normalizing production of stress hormones. It can also improve your mood, increase energy and benefit exercise performance.
Maca root powder is comprised on average of 60-75% carbohydrates, 10-14% protein, 8.5% dietary fiber, 2.2% lipids and an impressive array of phytonutrients and minerals:
- Over 20 amino acids, including eight essential amino acids
- 20 “quality” fatty acids
- Calcium and Potassium
- Sulphur, Sodium and Iron
Maca’s protein content exists mainly in the form of polypeptides and amino acids, including significant amounts of: arginine, serine, histidine, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, glycine, valine, phenylalanine, tyrosine and threonine. With these plentiful attributes, it’s easy to see why this root’s nutritional value is considered on the superfood level.
“As an a vegan of 8+ years and a student of nutrition, I am extremely picky about what supplements I take, and I only sell or recommend supplements that I take myself. These are vegan friendly, but they are honestly cheaper then many non-vegan supplements. Also I run blogs that write about health to help others.” –HippieTech
Shipping & Handling – As a small business I only order small amounts of product each month. I sometimes list the new stock before it arrives so it may be 7-10 days before it ships. I know this can’t compete with Amazon, but I hope you can understand that I run this business myself from home and only have the resources to handle small orders.
Returns – I hand check each package before delivery but I’ll gladly accept returns on damaged products or if you are unsatisfied with the product.
Vegan Maca Root 500mg Canada | Ingredients
- Microcrystalline cellulose (binding agent)
- MACA 50mg of a 10:1 concentrated extract equivalent to 500mg of raw herb
- Magnesium stearate (anti-caking agent)
Vegan Maca Root 500mg Canada | Specifics
- Vegetarian friendly, but Not certified Vegan – This is pure Maca Root and only uses binding / caking agents that do not contain animal derivatives
- Studies show Maca Root at a dose of 3g (300mg) daily was well tolerated and not associated with serious adverse effects
- How maca is prepared can effect its ease of digestion, strength and bioavailability (gelatinized is best)
- Maca Root is a powerful antioxidant – helps reduce oxidate stress in the body
- It is an adaptogen – helps your body deal with mental and physical stress
- Can Increase energy and improve exercise performance
- Studies suggest Maca Root may increase libido
- May help treat sexual dysfunction
- May improve fertility in males – studies have shown maca may help improve sperm concentration or number of sperm per mm of semen
- Can help relieve symptoms of menopause in women – the natural decline in estrogen experienced by women during menopause can cause unpleasant symptoms such as hot flashes, vaginal dryness, mood swings, sleep problems, and irritability. Maca root can help alleviate some of these symptoms including hot flashes and interrupted sleep
- Improve mood and increase energy – some studies show that maca improves mood and energy. Other studies showed maca improved anxiety and depression in postmenopausal women
- May help preserve cognitive function – Rodent studies have demonstrated that maca helps improve cognitive function and motor coordination and may help slow age-related cognitive decline
- May benefit benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) – Findings from animal studies suggest that maca may help reduce inflammatory proteins and inhibit BPH or enlargement of the prostate
- Can promote healthy skin – Maca has been shown to speed up wound healing, and an older study found that it protected against UV damage when applied to the skin of animals
- Can promote healthy blood pressure
- Ensures normal bone health
- Promotes healthy thyroid function
Vegan Maca Root 500mg Canada | Additional Info
- Storage: Store in a cool, dry place away from moisture and direct sunlight.
- Caution: Do not exceed state dose.
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking prescription medication or under medical supervision it is advisable to consult a GP prior to taking any supplements.
- This product is not intended to treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Discontinue use and consult a GP if adverse reactions occur.
- Not suitable for persons under the age of 18.
- Keep away from children at all times.
- Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
- For allergens, please see ingredients.